- Terra is a registered brand of TERRA NZ Limited
- “Seller” means TERRA NZ Limited, its successors and assigns or any person acting on behalf of and with the authority of TERRA NZ Limited.
- “Client” means the person/s buying the Goods as specified in any invoice, document or order, and if there is more than one Client is a reference to each Client jointly and severally.
- “Goods” means all Goods or Services supplied by the Seller to the Client at the Client’s request from time to time (where the context so permits the terms ‘Goods’ or ‘Services’ shall be interchangeable for the other).
- “Price” means the Price payable for the Goods as agreed between the Seller and the Client in accordance with clause 4
- The Client is taken to have exclusively accepted and is immediately bound, jointly and severally, by these terms and conditions if the Client places an order for Terra Baby WIpes, or accepts Delivery.
- These terms and conditions may only be amended with the Seller’s consent in writing and shall prevail to the extent of any inconsistency with any other document or agreement between the Client and the Seller.
- Electronic signatures shall be deemed to be accepted by either party providing that the parties have complied with Section 22 of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002 or any other applicable provisions of that Act or any Regulations referred to in that Act.
Change in Control
- The Client shall give the Seller not less than fourteen (14) days prior written notice of any proposed change of ownership of the Client and/or any other change in the Client’s details (including but not limited to, changes in the Client’s name, address, contact phone or fax number/s, or business practice). The Client shall be liable for any loss incurred by the Seller as a result of the Client’s failure to comply with this clause.
Price and Payment
- At the Seller’s sole discretion, the Price shall be either:
- The Seller reserves the right to change the Price of Terra Baby Wipes:
- At the Seller’s sole discretion, a deposit may be required.
- Time for payment for the Goods being of the essence, the Price will be payable by the Client on the date/s determined by the Seller, which may be:
- Payment may be made by cash, cheque, bank cheque, electronic/on-line banking, credit card, or by any other method as agreed to between the Client and the Seller.
- Unless otherwise stated the Price does not include GST. In addition to the Price the Client must pay to the Seller an amount equal to any GST the Seller must pay for any supply by the Seller under this or any other agreement for the sale of the Goods. The Client must pay GST, without deduction or set off of any other amounts, at the same time and on the same basis as the Client pays the Price. In addition, the Client must pay any other taxes and duties that may be applicable in addition to the Price except where they are expressly included in the Price.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- The Seller reserves the right to terminate the Client’s order if it learns that you have provided false or misleading information, interfered with other users or the administration of the Seller’s business, or violated these terms and conditions.
- Delivery of the Goods (“Delivery”) is taken to occur at the time that:
- At the Seller’s sole discretion, the cost of Delivery is included in the Price.
- The Client must take Delivery, by receipt or collection of the Goods, whenever they are tendered for Delivery. In the event that the Client is unable to take Delivery as arranged then the Seller shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for redelivery and/or storage.
- The Seller may deliver the Goods in separate instalments. Each separate instalment shall be invoiced and paid in accordance with the provisions in these terms and conditions.
- Any time or date given by the Seller to the Client is an estimate only. The Client must still accept Delivery even if late, and the Seller will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Client as a result of the Delivery being late.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods passes to the Client on Delivery and the Client must insure the Goods on or before Delivery.
- If any of the Goods are damaged or destroyed following Delivery but prior to ownership passing to the Client, the Seller is entitled to receive all insurance proceeds payable for the Goods. The production of these terms and conditions by the Seller is sufficient evidence of the Seller’s rights to receive the insurance proceeds without the need for any person dealing with the Seller to make further enquiries.
- If the Client requests the Seller to leave Goods outside the Seller’s premises for collection, or to deliver the Goods to an unattended location, then such Goods shall be left at the Client’s sole risk.
- The Seller and the Client agree that ownership of the Goods shall not pass until:
- Receipt by the Seller of any form of payment other than cash shall not be deemed to be payment until that form of payment has been honoured, cleared or recognised, and until then the Seller’s rights and ownership in relation to the Goods, and this agreement, shall continue.
- It is further agreed that, until ownership of the Goods passes to the Client in accordance with clause 1.
Personal Property Securities Act 1999 (“PPSA”)
- Upon assenting to these terms and conditions in writing the Client acknowledges and agrees that:
- The Client undertakes to:
- The Seller and the Client agree that nothing in sections 114(1)(a), 133 and 134 of the PPSA shall apply to these terms and conditions.
- The Client waives its rights as a debtor under sections 116, 120(2), 121, 125, 126, 127, 129, 131 and 132 of the PPSA.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the Seller, the Client waives its right to receive a verification statement in accordance with section 148 of the PPSA.
- The Client shall unconditionally ratify any actions taken by the Seller under clauses 1 to 9.5.
Security and Charge
- In consideration of the Seller agreeing to supply the Goods, the Client charges all of its rights, title and interest (whether joint or several) in any land, realty or other assets capable of being charged, owned by the Client either now or in the future, to secure the performance by the Client of its obligations under these terms and conditions (including, but not limited to, the payment of any money).
- The Client indemnifies the Seller from and against all the Seller’s costs and disbursements including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis incurred in exercising the Seller’s rights under this clause.
- The Client irrevocably appoints the Seller and each director of the Seller as the Client’s true and lawful attorney/s to perform all necessary acts to give effect to the provisions of this clause 10 including, but not limited to, signing any document on the Client’s behalf.
- The Client hereby disclaims any right to rescind, or cancel any contract with the Seller or to sue for damages or to claim restitution arising out of any inadvertent misrepresentation made to the Client by the Seller and the Client acknowledges that the Goods are bought relying solely upon the Client’s skill and judgment.
Defects, Returns and Warranties
- The Client shall inspect the Goods on Delivery and shall within fourteen (14) days of such time (being of the essence) notify the Seller of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage or failure to comply with the description or quote. The Client shall afford the Seller an opportunity to inspect the Goods within a reasonable time following such notification if the Client believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Client shall fail to comply with these provisions the Goods shall be presumed to be free from any defect or damage. For defective Goods, which the Seller has agreed in writing that the Client is entitled to reject, the Seller’s liability is limited to either (at the Seller’s discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods.
- The Seller’s liability for any defect or damage in the Goods is:
- Subject to this clause 12, returns will only be accepted provided that:
- Notwithstanding clauses 1 to 12.3, the Seller shall not be liable for any defect or damage which may be caused or partly caused by or arise as a result of:
- Terra Baby Wipes may, in its absolute discretion, accept non-defective Goods for return, in which case the Seller may require the Client to pay handling fees of up to twenty percent (20%) of the value of the returned Goods, plus any freight costs.
- Where the Seller has designed, drawn or developed Goods for the Client, then the copyright in any designs and drawings and documents shall remain the property of the Seller.
- The Client agrees that the Seller may (at no cost) use for the purposes of marketing or entry into any competition, any documents, designs, drawings or Goods which the Seller has created for the Client.
Default and Consequences of Default
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue daily from the date when payment becomes due, until the date of payment, at a rate of two and a half percent (2.5%) per calendar month (and at the Seller’s sole discretion such interest shall compound monthly at such a rate) after as well as before any judgment.
- If the Client owes the Seller any money the Client shall indemnify the Seller from and against all costs and disbursements incurred by the Seller in recovering the debt (including but not limited to internal administration fees, legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis, the Seller’s collection agency costs, and bank dishonour fees).
- Further to any other rights or remedies the Seller may have under this agreement, if the Client has made payment to the Seller by credit card, and the transaction is subsequently reversed, the Client shall be liable for the amount of the reversed transaction, in addition to any further costs incurred by the Seller under this clause 14 where it can be proven that such reversal is found to be illegal, fraudulent or in contravention to the Client’s obligations under this agreement.
- Without prejudice to any other remedies the Seller may have, if at any time the Client is in breach of any obligation (including those relating to payment) under these terms and conditions the Seller may suspend or terminate the supply of Goods to the Client. The Seller will not be liable to the Client for any loss or damage the Client suffers because the Seller has exercised its rights under this clause.
- Without prejudice to the Seller’s other remedies at law the Seller shall be entitled to cancel all or any part of any order of the Client which remains unfulfilled and all amounts owing to the Seller shall, whether or not due for payment, become immediately payable if:
- The Seller may cancel any agreement to which these terms and conditions apply, or cancel Delivery of Terra baby wipes at any time before the Goods are delivered, by giving written notice to the Client. On giving such notice the Seller shall repay to the Client any money paid by the Client for the Goods. The Seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from such cancellation.
- In the event that the Client cancels this agreement, or Delivery, the Client shall be liable for any and all loss incurred (whether direct or indirect) by the Seller as a direct result of the cancellation (including, but not limited to, any loss of profits).
Privacy Act 1993
- The Client authorises the Seller or the Seller’s agent to:
- Where the Client is an individual the authorities under clause 1 are authorities or consents for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993.
- The Client shall have the right to request the Seller for a copy of the information about the Client retained by the Seller and the right to request the Seller to correct any incorrect information about the Client held by the Seller.
- The failure by the Seller to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be treated as a waiver of that provision, nor shall it affect the Seller’s right to subsequently enforce that provision. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be invalid, void, illegal or unenforceable the validity, existence, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected, prejudiced or impaired.
- These terms and conditions and any contract to which they apply shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Lower Hutt District Court of New Zealand.
- The Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever to the Client for any indirect and/or consequential loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the Client arising out of a breach by the Seller of these terms and conditions (alternatively the Seller’s liability shall be limited to damages which under no circumstances shall exceed the Price).
- The Client shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the Price, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Client by the Seller nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute.
- The Seller may license or sub-contract all or any part of its rights and obligations without the Client’s consent.
- The Client agrees that the Seller may amend these terms and conditions at any time. If the Seller makes a change to these terms and conditions, then that change will take effect from the date on which the Seller notifies the Client of such change. The Client will be taken to have accepted such changes if the Client makes a further request for the Seller to provide Goods to the Client.
- Neither party shall be liable for any default due to any act of God, war, terrorism, strike, lock-out, industrial action, fire, flood, storm or other event beyond the reasonable control of either party.
- The Client warrants that it has the power to enter into this agreement and has obtained all necessary authorisations to allow it to do so, it is not insolvent and that this agreement creates binding and valid legal obligations on it.
GENTLE ON YOU, GENTLE ON THE PLANET.
At Terra our mission has always been to use the best of nature and technology to create innovative and sustainable personal care products. Proudly headquartered in beautiful, clean and green New Zealand we combine the best of natural ingredients and technology plus good old kiwi innovation to create quality products that are gentle on you and those most important to you, as well as gentle on our environment.